Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday Blahs.....

Well the weekend has come and gone - way too fast as most anyone would say. It was a very nice weekend though. Friday night was spent hanging out with two of our friends from Spartanburg who were on their way through Atlanta to go to Six Flags. The only minor issue was the fact I had a headache from "you know where"....Preston didn't seem to mind the company - he was ready to go with them when they left!

Saturday we got to spend some time with the Hutto Family and "Baby Perrin" - it was good to see Preston taking interest in a little baby...we'll just have to see what happens when his baby sister is here the next morning when he gets up. :-)

Saturday afternoon we had a cookout with our Sunday School class and then Sunday was church and a cookout at Lori's grandparent's church....Monday, which was supposed to be a holiday turned into a day of housework....oh joy....

Then comes today....

Do you ever have one of those days where you should have just stayed in the bed? I'm not talking about Groundhog Day where the day feels just like the day before. I'm talking about a day where, no matter what you choose to do, you should have stopped and done the opposite. Well, today was one of those days for me.

I'm not complaining per se - just a bit frustrated. I'm sort of in a no-win situation....sort of a dead-end let's say....I think a lot stems with the age-old question of "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Do people ever really find the answer to that question?

I was talking to a friend of mine today and she has a very similar philosophy to mine....and that is, it's easier trying to figure out what you don't want to do than it is to try and figure out what you want to do. My problem seems to be....I'm finding a lot more things that I don't want to do than those that I do want to do.

So, now that I've rambled for a while....and gone to get more tea, and let Rascal out, and apparently nodded off for a few minutes.....the Braves are on. 0-0 in the top of the 2nd inning - in case you're wondering. Of course, by the time anyone is reading this, the game will likely be over for some time.

Where was I going with all this? Oh yeah....the Tuesday Blahs.... all-in-all, I guess today was just my day to be in a funk. Everyone's entitled to those days, right? Right.

Tomorrow will be better. I just know it! (RPR)

No comments: