Sunday, May 24, 2009

Heeeeeeeeere's Ryan

Ok, so the title's pretty lame. But what do you expect for the first post in over 3 months? We've been told by "some people" that we need to get better with our blogging. I think we touch on that in just about every blog we write - or at least in the ones I write. So I could make a false promise that I will do better and that I'll update this every day or every week but why kid myself? And why raise false hopes to all our faithful blog followers. All 2 of you. Haha!

So, what to write? Perhaps I could talk about "The Nanny" because that's what's on in the background. Or perhaps I could talk about how I just used two contractions consecutively and how that is most likely grammatically incorrect. I guess I could just ramble. Oh wait, that's what I'm doing.....

So, what's been going on in the life of the Rickards? Travel has picked up with my job. A few weeks in Sunnyvale, CA (outside San Jose / Silicon Valley) and a week in Stockholm, Sweden - hope to get some pictures loaded after I type a few more paragraphs tonight......

About the same with Lori - working, working, working then when she gets home she has to take care of the three boys....me, Preston and Rascal. So, like most nights, she's already crashed on the couch while I'm wide awake.

We're getting very excited about the arrival of Baby Pink, as Preston calls her. Or Cinderella as he told his teacher at daycare the other day.

I could probably write a novel on what all has been going on with Preston. He's taken a keen interest in music. I was given a ukulele when I about six or seven years old....Preston has claimed that now as his "guitar." So, he sits around in his Clemson chair singing songs like "I have a new dog, his name is Rascal. He is my buddy....." and "I have a new friend, her name is Allison...." and one of our most concerning, "I have a girlfriend, her name is Isabelle." Yeah, 2 years old and already singing about a girlfriend....oh boy!!! Of course, every time we get the camera out, he clams up and gets shy....so nothing has been recorded yet. Maybe soon. Then we can get that posted.

Well, there you have it - a new post. I hope you feel that your lives have been enriched and that you can rest easily knowing we are still alive! :-)

G'night!!! (RPR)

2 comments:

tracEy said...

I'm glad you got with it and put up a new post! Hehe...

I'm sure you have more than two followers too!

How much longer til your new arrival?

Danielle said...

So glad you finally posted! We had so much fun on Saturday and can't wait for Baby Pink to arrive. Tell Preston that Baby Perrin says hello.