Friday, May 29, 2009

Pet Peeves

So I started thinking, what could I blog about that could relate to almost everyone and may could even spark some feedback.....? After going back through some of my old Facebook posts, I came up with the perfect idea. PET PEEVES!

Everyone has them. There's always something that gets right under the skin....it can be as big as someone smoking right next to the "No Smoking" sign as you're walking in to a nice restaurant or as small as someone leaving an empty bag of popcorn on the counter. (Guilty of the latter).

Whatever the case, I thought it would be interesting to see what people's pet peeves are.

So, if you're brave enough.....leave a comment with some of your pet peeves. I'll get it started....

Here we go....and they're in no particular order - oh, if I offend you, I'm sorry....no wait, I'm not really sorry. But I will still like you!

* Lack of using turn signals
* Talking on the cell phone when standing in line to conduct business (grocery store check-out, buying stamps, fast-food drive-thru ordering thing, etc.)
* Walking or driving down the wrong side of aisles or parking lots (you know, like in Wal-Mart when everyone is walking down one way and there's always someone....usually someone on their cell phone....walking right toward you not paying a bit of attention and going completely against "traffic")
* Blue-tooth headsets in public.....how many times have I turned around because someone behind me started talking and I thought they were addressing me only to turn around and see this blue glow coming from beside their head....? Not cool.
* Paper towels lying on the floor right next to a garbage can (ESPECIALLY in restrooms when people use a paper towel to open the door then let it drop to the floor b/c they're too lazy to hold the door with their foot and drop the paper towel in the trash)

Seems like I have theme going.....and it's along the lines of common courtesy. Oh well. I'm sure there are more but I wanted to keep this short. Hopefully you'll humor me with your pet peeves, even if yours is "people talking about pet peeves!"

Until next time..... (RPR)

8 comments:

The Rickards Family said...

You forgot to mention that you place the empty popcorn bag on the counter right above the cabinet where the trash can is...kind of similar to the paper towels in the floor...I'm just sayin'. I love you ;) (LLR)

The Rickards Family said...

Ah! But there is a difference - I am on the other side of the counter when I leave the bag there, unlike the paper towels when there is a trash can RIGHT there. But, seeing as how I'm now 2-2 in getting the bag in the trash, that one can be scratched off the list. And I love you, too! (RPR)

Anonymous said...

Howabout people who call you back without checking the voicemail that you left them ... uggghhhhh.

Chris

Anonymous said...

...or your manager asking for a status at work when you just sent the e-mail detailing it all out.

People who get on the elevator before everyone is off.

Dumping all the tupperware in the cabinet when emptying the dishwasher and not matching up he lids... I appreciate all the help but I need my tupperware organized.

Laura

Anonymous said...

... or when your manager stop to ask for a project status when you sent a detailed status e-mail, as required by him!

People who get on the elevator before letting everyone off.

Dumping the tupperware in the cabinet without matching up the lids. I appreciate help emptying the dishwasher, but I need my tupperware organized.

Laura

Danielle said...

Along the same lines with the cell phone/bluetooth pet peeve...people who text while driving. If you are driving a car I am pretty sure your attention needs to be focused on the road & other drivers, NOT sending someone a text message! The day someone hits me because of this will be the day that I unleash the fury.

The Hawkins said...

So, I am totally guilty of walking on the wrong side of "traffic". However, I did not realize that my problem was because I grew up in Africa. I totally thought everyone else was the problem until I started dating Allen. Then he shed light on my walking on the wrong side of "traffic" because in Kenya the traffic is on the other side of the road. I had no clue for the longest time!! So, maybe all those people at Walmart grew up overseas...or maybe they are just not paying attention.

emilyb said...

how about when you are talking in a meeting and some people decide to have their own side conversation and then want to know what they missed