Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back to School

This week was Preston's first week back to school at our church preschool program. Tuesday he met his new teachers, "his new Ms. Kim" and Ms. Jamie. (His teacher last year was Ms. Kim too, but this is the "three-year-old Ms. Kim".) One of the first things Preston noticed in his classroom was that his teacher had Little People placed in a bin on top of the cabinets. He made sure to let her know that he saw them and that she should get them down soon so he could play with them. (For those of you that don't know, he LOVES Little People - so much so that he recently stole one from church and lied about it when I asked him where it came from.)

Thursday and Friday were his first full days. Preston had a great first day on Thursday, stating "I'm so excited" on our way to his classroom. He went right in, after posing for a picture, and hardly noticed I was even there. Friday morning started out a little rough when he tripped over his feet on the way in, but after a little TLC and an ice pack he was good to go. (Preston actually thought the nurse said she was going to bring him an ice pop. When he asked me what flavor, I realized what he understood her to say and had to explain the difference to him. This brought more tears, but I promised him he could have a popsicle once the school day was over and we were home.)

(First Day of Three-Year-Old Preschool)

I'm so thankful that he has a place where he can learn, grow, and interact with others his age. His teacher has shared some of the learning methods she uses and I know Preston is going to enjoy them. Here's to a great school year for Mr. P!

No comments: