Cadence spent the last two weeks celebrating her first birthday - with family, then with friends. She didn't really get into her birthday cake and seemed to be very turned-off by the taste of icing. She definitely gets that from her daddy, since I could gladly eat a whole container of icing!
Today I took Cadence to the doctor for her one-year checkup. My doctor advised me that the AAP now recommends that children be rear-facing in their car seats until they are two years old. She also stated it would be safter for adults to be rear-facing as well, but it would be difficult to drive. So, on that one topic I went by the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, since we've already turned Cadence around. It was a pretty routine visit. The only questions we had were about digestive issues (which I won't bother you with) and additional sources of protein. Here are her current stats:
19 lbs., 2.5 oz - 16.7%
29.5" long - 58%
She's long and lean, but her appetite has picked up over the last few weeks, so hopefully she'll put on a little more weight before she starts walking. She will now eat just about anything we give her. She ate three hot dogs the other night and wanted more, but we had to cut her off. Meal times have become quite fun, as she'll now very clearly tell us if she doesn't want something by frantically shaking her head and saying "nah, nah." Our challenge is that she often wants something off of our plates that contains eggs or peanuts, which she can't have. I'm still experimenting with alternatives in cooking so that she can eat some foods like pancakes, muffins, etc.
All in all, it's been an awesome year. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to be home and share each day with her. I can't wait to watch her learn and grow during the next year. I love you, baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment