Cadence:
Two weeks ago we took her in for her nine month checkup. She's doing well. Cadence has become quite speedy at her modified crawl and also scoots around on her bottom now - both very entertaining. She also does a "monkey-walk" where she puts her feet and hands on the ground with her bottom in the air. I really think she's just going to stand up and walk one day. She's still not pulling up, but will hold herself up if you place her by something.
Here are her latest stats:
18lbs., 1.5 oz - 36%
27.5" long - 47%
There has been lots of change in her little world over the last month. The biggest one is that we've have been weaning over the last month. This is a bittersweet topic. I won't go into all the details, but I will say that in some ways, I miss those moments that only the two of us can experience together and in some ways, I'm enjoying the freedom.
Also on the topic of nutrition, Cadence has decided she doesn't like being fed from a spoon. She only wants to eat things she can pick up. The problem is, there aren't many foods she can chew. For the past two weeks she has survived primarily on milk, cheerios, and puffs. This week I have been successful in getting her to eat avacado, so that's progress.
Lastly on Cadence, her sleeping has greatly improved. There must be something magical about the ninth month and my children. Whatever it is, I can tell you that we are so thankful that she is resting through the night and allowing us to rest, uninterrupted, most nights. It's amazing how differently you feel when you rest for a full night after months of being up 1-3 times each night.
Preston:
My little man is now potty trained!!!!!!!! He has been wearing big-boy underwear 24/7 and has been accident free for several weeks now. Below is a picture of the prize he received for his first accident-free week. Yes, it's a big prize, but this was a BIG accomplishment. Note to self: check the price tag before you bribe your kids again.

Preston continues to go to swimming lessons every week and loves the water. We actually almost had a meltdown at the end of the last session when it was time to go. He so takes after his mommy. He's also been enjoying the Spring weather and having more time to play outside with his friends or go to the park and meet new friends.
Other:
Ryan has been travelling with work lately but is home now and hopefully we can get settled back into a routine. Actually, we have lots of travel coming up, so I'm not sure when we'll be settled again. Trips to both Orangeburg and Spartanburg to visit with family and a trip to Charleston for me to the Women of Joy conference. The next several weeks are going to be busy, but well worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment