Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cuppy Cake

So it's been a while since either of us has posted anything. And now I guess it's up to me (Lori) since Ryan abandoned our blog to create his own ;) As most of you already know, we've had a recent major change in our lives...the arrival of Miss Cadence Lynn. She will be one month old this Friday and we've spent the last few weeks adjusting. We love getting to know her and her personality. Preston has been a great big brother and has been very helpful. We've had our moments, but overall Preston's been wonderful and Cadence is a great baby - already starting to sleep more regularly at night! (I hope I didn't just jinx myself by typing that.) I am still a little sleep deprived, but hanging in there (that's my disclaimer because I'm sure most of this blog will be a big run-on thought with no structure and will probably have grammatical errors.)

Since I'm nursing Cadence, we've obviously spent A LOT of time together over the last few weeks, which hasn't left many hours in the day for me to have one on one time with Preston. I used to help get him ready every morning and mostly did the nighttime routine, so I've been missing my special time with him. So, last Saturday Cadence took a good nap in the afternoon and I decided that Preston and I would make cupcakes (since he and Ryan requested them). He's never helped me in the kitchen before but he had a great time. He did have to leave the room when I used the mixer because he does not like loud noises, but otherwise he was a great little "chef". As expected, he got batter on his fingers during the process and asked for a napkin. I told him to lick his fingers instead because it would be yummy. He looked at me kind of funny, but he quickly discovered that I was right and then wanted to intentionally stick his fingers in the batter so he could lick them again. I told him we couldn't do that, but that when we were finished he could lick the bowl (a favorite past time of mine)!

I only iced one cupcake at dinner time because they weren't quite cool enough and I was tired, but I promised Preston he could have one before bed. I have to give props to Ryan because he later went back to the kitchen and iced all of the cupcakes for me. (He was being very quiet in the kitchen and when he finally told me he was icing the cupcakes I was a little concerned, but he did a GREAT job with the icing and sprinkles!)

Below are pictures of Preston helping me and then later enjoying one of his creations. And yes, I helped lick the bowl, spatula, and the beaters. (We just didn't capture that on camera.)






1 comment:

Danielle said...

Preston even looks like a big brother now! We can't wait to see you guys so we can all meet Cadence...hopefully we'll get over that way next weekend.