Sunday, August 9, 2009

4 Weeks

This past Friday Cadence turned 4 weeks old, tomorrow she will officially be one month old and we'll go for her one month checkup on Wednesday. I had to take her to the doctor this past Thursday because her left eye kept 'gooping up'. They gave us some drops and it's looking much better. They did weigh her while we were there and she was up to 9 lbs. 13.5 oz., so I'll be interested to see what her weight is on Wed. and how much she's gained in a week.

Right now her schedule still consists of eating, sleeping, and pooping most of the day; however, she is starting to have a little longer periods of being alert during the day. At night she's doing really well, and usually sleeping about 4-4.5 hrs. at a time (which means I really only have to get up once in the middle of the night).

Starting this past Friday, I'm going to try to get a picture of Cadence every Friday in the same chair and post it on here so that everyone can see how much she's growing from one week to the next. Several of my friends have done this and it's amazing to see the growth. Below is her four week picture. I just love the dress she's wearing in this one...one of my favorites! I also added a cute pic of her and Preston. (Blogger is getting on my nerves because I can't get the pics & captions where I want them...it can be done, but it's taking too much of my time.)

Tune in on Wednesday (or Thursday) to get an update on Cadence's stats after we go for her one month visit.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness!! Cadence is so cute -- I can't wait to get my hands on her! I hope that we will be able to come over this weekend to meet this sweet girl. We'll be talking to you later on in the week to coordinate.