Last night Ryan and I had an experience that made us think we were in the middle of a bad, scary movie. We were lying in bed talking about how our days went and while I was talking, Ryan told me to be quiet. While this is not unusual, he said it like something was wrong. As I was about to ask "why?", out of no where we hear a high-pitched voice say "hello there". We looked at each other as to say, "um, are we hearing things?"
We muted the tv to make sure we weren't hearing things (because the night before I left the computer speakers on in our bedroom and around midnight, after the automatic anti-virus update ran, a male voice said "virus database is up to date").
Frozen in fear basically, again, we hear this high-pitched "hello there". My first instinct was that it was one of Preston's toys "talking" to us...but the problem with that logic was that I know ALL of the sounds his toys make and I've never heard "hello there".
So, we both get out of bed to investigate and go to Preston's room. Nothing was coming from his room, so we went back into the hall and we didn't hear anything for a few minutes, so we're about to go back to bed...but while we're in the hall we hear the voice say something else...not real sure what it was, but nothing familiar, and it now sounds like it could be coming from downstairs.
At this point, we are both freaked out..goosebumps and all. My mind instantly flashes back to the Chucky movies and I feel like a crazed doll is about to attack me or I think that there's some crazy person with a voice recording hiding in our closets and about to jump out and get us. I run back down the hall to our bedroom to get the phone. Ryan asks me what I think I'm going to do with it...I explain that I'm going to call 911 when someone jumps out! (All the while thinking, "what's your bright idea, mister?")
We continue to look around up stairs, turning all the lights on, opening closet doors, etc. and can't find anything. We both stand at the top of the stairs looking at each other and looking down over the foyer rail, scared out of our minds to attempt to go down stairs. Again we hear, "hello there" and we aren't real sure what we're going to do.
I finally realize that one of Preston's toys is out in the hallway. It's a toolbox toy that says all sorts of things and sings all sorts of songs. I have NEVER heard this toy say this phrase, nor could we get it to say it again last night, but we noticed that the toy was on and quickly turned it off. (If we could have crushed it with a hammer or something, we probably would have....)
We didn't hear anymore talking after this, so we were relieved. After all of this craziness, I told Ryan that stuff like this is precisely why I do not watch scary movies anymore...it's nonsense, but your mind makes you think of the worst/craziest possible scenario - even though YOU KNOW it's completely illogical.
This whole incident is extremely hilarious to me right now while I'm typing this, but in the moment, I have to admit that I truly was afraid (I really thought there was some nutcase in our house).
I now know exactly how to make this toy say "hello there". (LLR) :-)
We muted the tv to make sure we weren't hearing things (because the night before I left the computer speakers on in our bedroom and around midnight, after the automatic anti-virus update ran, a male voice said "virus database is up to date").
Frozen in fear basically, again, we hear this high-pitched "hello there". My first instinct was that it was one of Preston's toys "talking" to us...but the problem with that logic was that I know ALL of the sounds his toys make and I've never heard "hello there".
So, we both get out of bed to investigate and go to Preston's room. Nothing was coming from his room, so we went back into the hall and we didn't hear anything for a few minutes, so we're about to go back to bed...but while we're in the hall we hear the voice say something else...not real sure what it was, but nothing familiar, and it now sounds like it could be coming from downstairs.
At this point, we are both freaked out..goosebumps and all. My mind instantly flashes back to the Chucky movies and I feel like a crazed doll is about to attack me or I think that there's some crazy person with a voice recording hiding in our closets and about to jump out and get us. I run back down the hall to our bedroom to get the phone. Ryan asks me what I think I'm going to do with it...I explain that I'm going to call 911 when someone jumps out! (All the while thinking, "what's your bright idea, mister?")
We continue to look around up stairs, turning all the lights on, opening closet doors, etc. and can't find anything. We both stand at the top of the stairs looking at each other and looking down over the foyer rail, scared out of our minds to attempt to go down stairs. Again we hear, "hello there" and we aren't real sure what we're going to do.
I finally realize that one of Preston's toys is out in the hallway. It's a toolbox toy that says all sorts of things and sings all sorts of songs. I have NEVER heard this toy say this phrase, nor could we get it to say it again last night, but we noticed that the toy was on and quickly turned it off. (If we could have crushed it with a hammer or something, we probably would have....)
We didn't hear anymore talking after this, so we were relieved. After all of this craziness, I told Ryan that stuff like this is precisely why I do not watch scary movies anymore...it's nonsense, but your mind makes you think of the worst/craziest possible scenario - even though YOU KNOW it's completely illogical.
This whole incident is extremely hilarious to me right now while I'm typing this, but in the moment, I have to admit that I truly was afraid (I really thought there was some nutcase in our house).
I now know exactly how to make this toy say "hello there". (LLR) :-)
1 comment:
Welcome to my world! :) The phone would have so been dialed by the time I found out "who" was talking down the hall - so I've got your back there. Note to self...don't give Preston toys that could sound scary in the middle of the night if accidentally set off.
Post a Comment