Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Letters from the North Pole

Everyone has something that makes the Holiday season exciting for them…decorating, Christmas music, cooler weather, shopping, family time, parties, etc. One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is receiving Christmas cards. I get so excited when I see a card arrive in the mail (and yes, I'm disappointed on days in December when I don't receive a Christmas card). I can’t wait to open my mail to see what's inside and then hang the card and/or picture up. When I have all my Christmas cards hanging up I feel like all of our family and friends are here in our house to share the holidays with us. It’s the little things sometimes that make me happy!

My favorite Christmas cards to receive are handmade cards. I also like cards that have letters or notes about what that particular person/family has been up to over the last year. I would love to someday return the favor of a handmade card, but I don’t have a lot of extra time on my hands and I need all the help I can get. The past few years we’ve sent out photo cards because they are quick and easy, and this year, Shutterfly is going to help me out with this super-cool promotion.

Here are a few of my ideas for this year (of course with our pics), but you’ll have to check your mail to see what the final decision is…




Special note to Shutterfly…The past few years as postage has continued to go up and our family budget has continued to shrink, we debate whether or not it makes financial sense to send Christmas cards. Thank you for offering this promotion this year so that I don’t have to make that tough decision!

No comments: