Yet again, I've missed a few weeks. Cadence turned 4 months old last week. Time is flying. Only a couple of weeks 'till Thanksgiving then Christmas will follow shortly thereafter. We've been out of town for two of the last four weekends, with a trip to S'burg for Halloween and then a trip to O'burg the weekend of Ryan's birthday.
The Sunday before Halloween we carved our pumpkin. It wasn't the greatest design but we had fun carving it...or at least I did. Preston still refused to put his hands in the pumpkin guts, but he had fun putting stickers on the little pumpkins I bought for him & Cadence.
Halloween this year was fun for little man. He dressed up as a pirate - the most handsome pirate I've ever seen! We spent the day allowing him to play and enjoy his costume, visiting with some family, and then trick-or-treating...in the rain! I have to admit, we tried to drive him through the fire station and tell him that was a way of trick-or-treating but he insisted that I take him to a few houses. So, Ryan stayed at Mama's house with Cadence while Preston, me, and Mama had a "fun time trick-or-treating in all the nasty rain" (or at least that was Preston's take on the evening). He had such a good time knocking on doors and showing off his costume. At one house, he even went inside and starting playing with their kids. Yes, at a complete stranger's house. I had to go in and almost pry him away. He definitely gets that from his daddy.
Here's our handsome pirate:
And here's our little pumpkin:
The following weekend, we headed to Orangeburg to celebrate Ryan's birthday with family. Both kids were great on the trip. I struggle with the long trip more than they do, probably because now that Cadence's car seat is behind my seat, I have to sit straight up with my knees in the dashboard. We actually went to O'burg on Thursday evening, which allowed us to spend two full days there which was nice. We had lunch with Kayla on Friday. On Saturday, Kayla and I did a little shopping, then we had the cookout, and then we watched Clemson's win over Florida State. Here's just one of the pics from that weekend:
For Ryan's birthday, I got him tickets to see KISS. I wasn't quite sure what to expect at their concert because I only knew two songs, but it wasn't about me, and I actually ended up having a great time. And of course, Ryan had a blast.
This past weekend the weather was beautiful so we decided to go to the zoo. Preston seemed more interested in the signage around the zoo and people watching than looking at the animals. Cadence had a great time as well. She rode in the stroller for a while and then I carried her in my Baby Bjorn. She loves to be carried. She had a great time "talking" to everyone she passed. (I'll load pics from the zoo in a separate post.)
Saturday evening we visited with some friends that just had a handsome little boy. He and Cadence are three months apart and it was amazing how much bigger she was. Sunday we went to church and then had lunch with some other friends that we haven't hung out with in a while. The kids played great together and the guys enjoyed watching the Panthers actually pull out a win.
Here's is Cadence's 18 week photo:
And, that brings us up to today. Today has been a pretty lazy day for me and the kids since we were so busy this weekend. Preston and I did manage to rake some leaves and then make a big mess playing in them. The yard doesn't look any better than when we started, but it was the most fun I've had in a while!
Today I also received a phone call from our church's preschool program today letting me know that they have an opening for Preston. This is such an answer to prayer. He'll get to go to school three days/week from 9-12. He's very excited. He's been missing school very much and I'm so thankful this opportunity has come about.
**Side note-For those of you who wonder if Preston still wears a bucket on his head, the answer is yes. He actually hasn't done this in a while, but as I sit here in his playroom typing this post, he tells me he's got to find his bucket because he needs to ride his truck. If I had a camera nearby, I'd post a pic.
No comments:
Post a Comment