Monday, September 8, 2008

Random Thoughts and Things

I don't have anything in particular to blog about tonight, just a bunch of random thoughts and things that I thought I'd share.

1. We watched about 15 minutes of "America United: In Support of Our Troops" last night before we went to bed. We saw the end of some comedian act and then the next thing that came on after the commercial break was a song by Snoop Dogg. I have no idea what he was singing but I did notice the HUGE gold chain he was wearing. All I could think of was that it looked like he'd pulled out gold tinsel from the Christmas decorations and wrapped it around his neck before going on stage. Of course, I took a picture of the tv so I could share this with you all...


2. We had another crazy toy experience last week. I was sleeping GOOD and about 11:45 p.m. Ryan wakes me up saying "I hear music." I was so out of it and I just thought he was dreaming and wondering why he felt the need to wake me up and tell me this. However, I realized that he was concerned about this music he was hearing so I was trying my best to come out of my deep sleep and listen to what he was saying. After a few minutes, I too hear the music.

This time, unlike our last toy experience, I knew which toy was making the sound. You either have to spin a wheel on the toy or drop something into the toy to make a lever move to make it play music, so there's no reason the music should have been playing. Ryan is getting ready to go downstairs to turn the toy off, but unlike last time, thinks that me getting the phone would be a good idea ;) I immediately went back to sleep after this with no problems, I think because I never truly woke up out of my sleep. Ryan slept horribly, with crazy thoughts filling his head about what might have caused the music to play. Here is a picture of the culprit:

3. We got to go to our first Clemson home game of the season this past Saturday. Although the game itself was fun I most enjoyed catching up with some friends and running into people that you only see when you're in Clemson. We went to TD's for lunch and ran into a friend of a friend that we hadn't seen since we lived in Spartanburg, but sat down to eat lunch with him and the people he was with and had a great time. (Kenny, if you ever randomly stumble upon our blog and happen to read this, thanks again for letting us sit with you, and again, I'm sorry we got our food first.)

The one thing that I was most excited about was the fact that Saturday was Military Appreciation Day. I'm such a patriotic person and I just get a thrill out of all the uniforms, music, the 21 gun salute, and flyover (which we didn't get - and yes, I promise this is the last time I'll mention it). I cried all through half-time and enjoyed every minute. To all of the men and women who have served our country in the past, present, and who will serve in the future - "Thank you for all that you do to protect our country and our freedoms. It is such a great sacrifice and you do it so willingly. Thank You."

4. My high school reunion is coming up next month. Some days, like today, when you have a long day at work it definitely seems like it's been ten years, but most of the time it feels like it was yesterday when I was roaming the halls at good 'ol Boiling Springs High.

5. I love my moon flowers. These are flowers that bloom at night instead of during the day, hence "moon" flowers. They have huge, beautiful, white blooms, that kind of look like they have starfish in the middle. I was talking to my friend Katie about these while we were staying out of the sun at the Clemson game, so I thought I'd share a pic with everyone. Just beware if you decide to plant these: they start from seeds and literally take over anything in their way as you can see in the first picture. It's also a very strong vine -two weeks ago when we had a lot of wind and rain, the vine on the trellis by the front corner of our house was about to fall over; however, the vine had wrapped itself around the gutter and was holding up the rest of the plant and trellis until we could get it situated back in the ground. (LLR)







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you they would bloom! Happy Mother's Day... again.

thetalbotts said...

Crazy toys... we have had some freaky moments too! It was great to see you guys last week. Take care!