Monday, April 23, 2007

Preston's First Day at "School"

So, today was Preston's first day at daycare. Let me just say that this had to be the hardest day of my life. I had no idea how just how hard it would be.

Ryan and I took him around 9 this morning. Preston, of course, was perfectly fine; however, mommy was a basketcase. I would get ready to leave him, then cry, and stay a little longer. I stayed with him for the first couple of hours. I finally left and kept myself extremely busy all day so I didn't think about him EVERY minute (although the thought crossed my mind about every 5 minutes that I should go get him). I made it until about 3:30 and had to go back and get my boy! Preston's teachers had bet that I would be back around noon, so they said I did better than they thought I was going to do.

Mr. Preston did just fine and I know that going to daycare will be a great experience for him. It's just very hard for mommy and daddy in the beginning. I had to remind myself all day of a quote that I once read by Mother Teresa: "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."

God definitely tested my strength today, but as usual, I survived, and came out stronger.

No comments: